• National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
Extensive information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, teachers, and others. The website includes fact sheets and research briefs on specific disabilities as well as special education law. Many of the materials available for downloading are available in Spanish as well as English.
• The National Association of the Deaf
The NAD advocates for people who are deaf or hard of hearing, provides information on topics related to hearing loss, and serves individuals with these special needs.
• Councils of Educators for Students with Disabilities
Wide variety of presentation materials and papers related to Section 504
Managed by teenagers who have disabilities and designed especially for them. The site includes an e-zine as well as message boards and activities pages.
• Internet Resources for Special Children (IRSC)
Provides numerous links to resources about disabilities and special education issues.
• Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI)
Devoted to individuals with disabilities. Topics to explore on the site include legal resources, parent resources, medical resources, and specific disability categories.
• Federally-compiled annual reports to Congress on the implementation of IDEA
Statistics about students with disabilities and how they receive their education services. Reports available from the past several years. The reports begin with summaries on essential issues, but also include extensive appendices with a wide variety of data tables.